Applications to the 2012 stipend are now closed.
Download the application (PDF) for the Visiting Researcher Stipend.
Download a flyer (PDF) for the Visiting Researcher Stipend.
- Application materials must be postmarked no later than July 9, 2012
- Stipend recipients announced by August 31, 2012
- Research visit period: August, 2012 - December 14, 2012
The UCLA Film & Television Archive's Archive Research and Study Center (ARSC) is pleased to announce the ARSC Visiting Researcher Stipend program for 2012. One stipend in the amount of $3,000 is available this year.
The purpose of the stipend is to:
- Support the work of scholars by awarding funding to offset expenses associated with a research visit to the UCLA Film & Television Archive.
- Encourage research access to moving image collections held by the UCLA Film & Television Archive.
- Scholars from all academic disciplines are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be current students, faculty, or staff at a college or university.
- Proposed research must be for work intended for publication and/or related to a thesis/dissertation.
- Proposed research centrally requires viewing of films or television programming held by the Archive.
- Relevance of Archive holdings to proposed research.
- Applicant's research experience as illustrated in their curriculum vitae.
- Applicant's financial need (i.e. projected expense of proposed research visit).
- Research visit must occur during 2012 calendar year.
- Stipend is to be distributed after the research visit is completed. Payment may take several weeks or longer to process following the completion of the research visit.
About the Archive's Collections
The UCLA Film & Television Archive holds over 300,000 films and television programs produced from the 1890s to the present. The collection includes independent and studio-produced shorts and feature films, advertising and industrial films, documentaries, local and network TV programming, commercials, news and public affairs broadcasts, and 27 million feet of newsreels produced between 1919 and 1971.
For more information, please contact Mark Quigley at 310-206-5389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Made possible by a grant from the Myra Reinhard Family Foundation.